2021 Scooter Cannonball
July 12 - 21, 2021: 10 Days, 4500 Miles
Bar Harbor, Maine to Eureka, California
The 2021 Scooter Cannonball was the 9th Scooter Cannonball and took place between July 12th and 21st. The event began in Bar Harbor, Maine with overnights in Manchester, VT, Grove City, PA, Traverse City, MI, Marshfield, WI, Huron, SD, Hot Springs, SD, Rock Springs, WY, Delta, UT, Fernley, NV, and concluded in Eureka, California.
Originally scheduled for July 2020, the event was postponed one year due to the pandemic. The original route, just under 4,000 miles, passed through Ontario, Canada at Niagara Falls, NY and Port Huron, MI. Due to the land-border crossing closing, the route was revised early 2021 to bypass Canada to the south through Pennsylvania and Ohio. The official track included approximately 225 miles of unpaved surfaces over 8 of its 10 days. The final route was 4,495 miles making 2021 the longest Scooter Cannonball to date.
A record total of 185 riders registered for the event and 73 riders checked-in at Bar Harbor. In total 65 riders posted scores and 42 riders are considered finishers of the event. Of the 42 finishing riders only 15 successfully navigated to, and scored, at all 94 checkpoint locations.
The next Scooter Cannonball is planned for June 2023. This will be the 10th Scooter Cannonball and will include both vintage and modern scooter classes with an overall handicap adjusted winner. The route will begin in Southern California and end in the Southeastern United States. Dates and details will be announced in early 2022 with registration opening in June 2022. Concurrently we also plan to announce a 2024 Scooter Cannonball that will be a higher mileage event with varied surfaces. The event will return to event years thereafter.
For more information, questions, and inquiries, please email email@example.com.
- 7x Vespa GTS/GTV 300ie (2010-2020)
- 6x Honda ADV 150 (2021)
- 5x Honda Forza 300 (2014-2015)
- 4x Honda c125 Super Cub (2019-2020)
- 4x Vespa GTS 250ie (2006-2007)
- 3x Yamaha SMAX 150 (2015-2018)
- 2x Piaggio BV 250 (2008-2009)
- 2x Vespa Primavera / Sprint 150 (2018-2019)
- 1x Bajaj Chetak (2002)
- 1x Honda Helix (1986)
- 1x Kymco Like 150i (2018)
- 1x Kymco X-Town 300i (2020)
- 1x Piaggio Fly 150 (2014)
- 1x Vespa GT 200 (2006)
- 1x Vespa ET4 (2002)
- 2x Vespa GTS 300 HPE (2020)
2021 Event & Rider Information
- GPX Route, Track, & Checkpoint Download
- 2021 Cannonball Website & Rider Tracking Archive
- Daily Route Summary & Links
- Entrant Riders & Scooters
Ride Reports, Blogs, & Photos
Last Updated: August 2, 2021
- DaBinChe - Another Journey of Solace
- GotMojo OMG!!! Ponies!!! (ADV Blog) YouTube Playlist
- Gildo's Photos
- Dark's Photos
- Feb31st's Photos
- MerryMary's Photos
- Tigerbaby65 & TheLibrarian’s Photos
2021 Final Results
DNF / Did Not Finish: Rider was unable to score on all four segments due to mechanical issues or health/safety considerations.
DQ / Disqualified: Rider was unable to continue scoring but continued riding. All 2021 DQ designations were the result of riders replacing scooter during event.
WD / Withdrawn: Rider withdrew from the event due to mechanical issues or health/safety considerations.
* / Other: Rider completed all or portions of segments but awarded zero points due to rule/procedural violation. All 2021 zero point awards were the result of riders failing to turn in or verify scorecards within defined time limit.